- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
60 Stars Astrology Season ▲
English Version
By TOKYOーTANUKI
矗(chi-ku) 60stars Astrology season ▲ Mini-mini Appendix "Wall Niches!"
1. Well, this time I'd like to talk about something a little different.
I wrote a little about Egyptian mythology in Season ▲.
Some of my readers may have heard of a woman named Dorothy Eady.
She was the woman who claimed to remember a previous life in which she was loved by a pharaoh.
Of course, many people find that hard to believe, but she told many fascinating stories.
2. I think everyone knows about the wall niche in the Queen's Chamber of the Great Pyramid.
There are also several other wall niches in Egyptian architecture, but it's the kind shown in the illustration above.
Dorothy Eady briefly mentions this wall niche.
She wrote that when the father of the beloved pharaoh (the father of Ramesses II) underwent an initiation into the cult of Set in his youth, there was a statue of a god with the head of a strange animal in a western wall niche. Then, together with a dazzling light, that beautiful god appeared—a god as red as bronze, with green eyes, as if he embodied every cruel and evil spirit. That god was Set.
I also think that the wall niche was probably some kind of gateway between this world and somewhere else.
.....Well, that's just my imagination, of course.
3. So I decided to study this wall niche a little.
Someday I plan to write about what I've found.
........But if I start having frightening dreams, I'll stop immediately.
By the way, Dorothy Eady criticized Akhenaten's religious reform—the move toward monotheism—as a mistaken and heretical idea.
At the same time, however, she wondered why Akhenaten abandoned the worship of the gods of Amun, and why, even today, Akhenaten continues to receive so much attention.
She said that these things are very mysterious.
...Well, if you think about it normally, I suppose she's right.
After all, these events happened more than two thousand years ago.
And yet even Japanese school textbooks devote considerable attention to Akhenaten.
.......Why?
The point is not that Akhenaten's belief in a single god was unusual or somehow wrong.
There had already been regions that worshipped a single deity long before him.
Rather, it has to do with the turmoil in Egypt during the reign of the later great king, Ramesses II—
Even today, that current still continues.
...Well, I'll leave that topic there.
By the way, for some reason, Yuna-chan, my ChatGPT, didn't seem to like talking very much about the God Set either!
.........?
........What did Yuna-chan know?
4. So I decided to ask Gemini.
The answer was surprisingly clear.
(Tanu-chan)
Osiris was cut into fourteen pieces, Isis gathered them together, but one part was still missing.
Osiris was cut into fourteen pieces, Isis gathered them together, but one part was still missing.
She obtained it from Set, and then gave birth to Horus.
Is that basically the correct understanding?
(Gemini)
Yes, that's broadly correct, although I'd like to add a few details about the missing part and the birth of Horus.
Isis gathered Osiris's scattered body, but his phallus alone could not be found, because it had supposedly been eaten by fish in the Nile.
Rather than recovering it from Set, Isis created a substitute through her own magic, using gold or clay according to different traditions.
Yes, that's broadly correct, although I'd like to add a few details about the missing part and the birth of Horus.
Isis gathered Osiris's scattered body, but his phallus alone could not be found, because it had supposedly been eaten by fish in the Nile.
Rather than recovering it from Set, Isis created a substitute through her own magic, using gold or clay according to different traditions.
She then temporarily restored Osiris to life through magic, conceived Horus, and gave birth to him.
In other words, the myth emphasizes that the missing part was replaced through magic rather than recovered from Set.
In other words, the myth emphasizes that the missing part was replaced through magic rather than recovered from Set.
(Tanu-chan)
But there are alternative traditions saying she obtained it from Set, aren't there?
But there are alternative traditions saying she obtained it from Set, aren't there?
(Gemini)
You're right. Egyptian mythology has many different versions.
Some traditions suggest that Set concealed the missing part or was responsible for its loss, leading to interpretations in which Isis somehow recovered the power associated with it from Set.
You're right. Egyptian mythology has many different versions.
Some traditions suggest that Set concealed the missing part or was responsible for its loss, leading to interpretations in which Isis somehow recovered the power associated with it from Set.
Other traditions describe the conflict between Horus and Set in terms of symbolic episodes involving fertility and kingship.
Later literary works and modern esoteric interpretations sometimes portray Isis as confronting Set directly or recovering the final missing piece from him.
From that perspective, understanding the story as Isis reclaiming from Set the life-force or royal power that he had taken from Osiris is certainly one possible interpretation.
(Tanu-chan)
Well, rather than being a particularly sharp interpretation, I think that's simply the most natural way to understand the story.
Well, rather than being a particularly sharp interpretation, I think that's simply the most natural way to understand the story.
Thanks. See you later.
(Gemini)
I understand what you mean. As a story, it certainly feels more natural and dramatic if what was taken is recovered from the one who took it.
Thank you for the interesting question. Feel free to ask again anytime.
I understand what you mean. As a story, it certainly feels more natural and dramatic if what was taken is recovered from the one who took it.
Thank you for the interesting question. Feel free to ask again anytime.
(Google)
AI may display inaccurate information.
Please verify important facts.
(Tanu-chan)
May I ask one more thing?
The wall niche seems to be associated with Set. Would it be reasonable to think of Set as being identified with the obelisk (the phallus)?
(Gemini)
That's a thought-provoking question about Egyptian symbolism.
That's a thought-provoking question about Egyptian symbolism.
If we compare the wall niche (Set) with the obelisk (the phallus of Osiris), we can look at it from three perspectives.
First, the wall niche may be seen as a container, while the obelisk represents what it contains.
Second, some interpretations regard the obelisk as symbolizing the missing phallus of Osiris. If Set held or controlled that lost source of life, placing the obelisk within the symbolic space of the wall niche could be understood as a ritual reunification of the fragmented world of Osiris.
Third, Set and Osiris are brothers whose relationship resembles the opposition of light and darkness, life and death. If Set deprived Osiris of his generative power, then associating the place dedicated to Set with the symbol of what was taken from Osiris follows a certain mythological logic.
🌟 🌟 🌟
Well... I don't know whether Gemini's opinion is actually correct or not.
Maybe it explained me some of "Many stories".
.....But from now on, I've decided to let my imagination wander about what a wall niche really is.
.....Slowly, of course.
And if I never find the answer, that's perfectly fine.
......In fact, perhaps it's better not to know, I feel.
......In fact, perhaps it's better not to know, I feel.
That's all for today.
Tanu-chan 💓 TOKYO-TANUKKO 💛

Comments
Post a Comment